Powered By Blogger

Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sweet Week

This past week has been a pastry roller coaster!
I should have planned a little better for it but as good as I am at making cakes, I'm just as good at procrastinating! :)
Here's a quick overview of my week:


Cookie Monster Cake



Starting Monday, I started off the week by hitting the first domino down.
I volunteered to make my little cousins birthday cake and completely forgot!
So in efforts to not spend money I didn't have, I rummaged through my pantry and fridge to come up with something cute,clever and 5 year old friendly.
It was a long shot but I had no choice. Luckily the weekend before I donated cupcakes for a family function and had some leftover cream and stuff to whip up enough for a cake and cupcakes.
I came up with the cookie monster since I also had leftover cookies from movie night the night before hahaha the cake gods favor me;) Funniest part of the whole story is the eyeballs on the cupcakes! I didn't have enough cookies or anything else, so I found some marshmallows and started messing around with them, resulting in eyeballs hahaha. Best part is, my little cousin loved them so much, that's all he ate! all of the mallows in his belly and none of the cake. haha good thing he has 6 other siblings that finished the job.



Strawberries & Cream Sugar Cookies

 Next up, the lovely cookie from above:)
This sweet concoction was inspired by a lazy summer day.
I decided to put a twist to the traditional sugar cookie and butter cream frosting that many of us love.
I had some extra cream cheese and was craving sweet strawberries all day:)
All ingredients complimented each other better than Thelma & Louise;)
Soo good, I decided to make up 2 batches and add to a graduation party we had that Thursday.



Baby Shower Cupcakes & Chocolate Chip Cookies


The weekend began with my first request on Saturday.
As mentioned earlier, my procrastination bit me on the behind as I woke Friday morning.
I ran to the store, came home, changed for work and when I got off at around 1130pm I started baking these babies and the cakes below until 10am the next morning. Who needs sleep right?
I baked so much that night that the next morning my last batch of cupcakes and cookies, started looking funky, I had realized that my oven gave out haha. Amidst the craziness, I was still given compliments, wooo hooo!


Elmo & Friend!

Two cookie monsters in one week! That's why its been crazy!
My cousins son had his first birthday this Saturday and like every other little child, his favorite thing in the world is Elmo!!! With the help of my cousin, we brought this cute little creation to life!


Congratulations Class of 2012!!

 I completely forgot to take a pic of the other graduation cake, but imagine making full sheet cakes in a half sheet sized oven!


Pretty Pink Princess Party!

I thought that the cake craziness finished Saturday night, but it began again Sunday morning.
A distant relative had a slice of the chocolate cream and strawberry cream cakes I made for the graduation party Saturday night and to my surprise, asked me to make a full sheet, half chocolate, half strawberry cake for her daughters birthday. The cake wasn't hard to throw together, but finding the cake box was hahaa. Pastry emergencies caused me to give out my last cake box so I called EVERY local bakery to purchase a box. The ONE bakery that was kind enough to give me a box for free, didn't have a box big enough hahah. To my rescue, the bakery I work at was kind enough to save me and the day. :D


Book Worm


The last cake for the weekend was this birthday cake for one of my brothers friends.
This kid is such a book worm, hence the "book" drawing.
My dad joined in on the fun, cant you tell by the decor? hehehe
We ended the night will all of the boys at our place, just hanging out on the balcony killing the cake and laughing the night away.



Lately I have been asking myself if this is really what I want to do for the rest of my life.
After this stressful yet amazing experience filled weekend, the answer is YES, I am not the best of the best yet, but I know with hard work, determination and the love and support of amazing family members and friends, I will be one of the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment