Powered By Blogger

Monday, April 2, 2012

A Lava made of Guava?!

Like I had mentioned in earlier posts, my oven was broken for about a week and a half.
The longest & most bland week and a half I have ever had [lol]
Anyways. Sunday came & I was craving something sweet.
Craving so bad in fact, that I totally got all of my ingredients, started mixing, whipping & filling without thinking. I turn around to throw my amazing guava cake in the oven & BAM, It was still broken[lol] Persistent and against wasting what I had just done, I figured, okay, maybe, just maybe, I could bake this sucker low & slow. Boy was I more wrong than the prediction of Y2K.
Total FAIL! After the oven had defeated me, (I lied to myself for 2 hours with that cake) I gave up,
I shoved in a movie and when the baker within me yelled at me, [lol] I went back to the kitchen determined to make some kind of goodie, mostly because I had already made the filling and creams!
I forced my brain to flip through memories and then it clicked! My trusty little microwave was the only appliance that still did me good [lol] I remembered that way back in the good ol adult roles classes that I had in Jr high and high school once taught me something I thought I would NEVER apply to my life:
Microwave baking! Thank goodness for Ms. Jensen in room 284 [lol]
I pulled out my ramekins, non stick spray, whipped up another cake batter and began microwaving one by one. I flopped out the mini cakes and started piping on the cream and loading on the guava.
To my surprise and everyone in the households too, It tasted just as delicious as it looks here...

No comments:

Post a Comment