Powered By Blogger

Monday, December 19, 2011

Jewelry Board

Do you ever get tired of trying to find the other stud, your ring, that necklace to complete your ensemble?
Well, I did. I was sick of trying to find my jewelry and realizing that someone stepped on it, or it got tossed out, or what not.
So I thought of an inexpensive way to end the wasted money and time madness!
 
The instructions are below:
Start by purchasing a cork board. I got mine from walmart for $5.47. They have various board colors so you can coordinate with the room the board will be in.
Next you want to get a fabric to make your ruffle background. I chose a nice sheer fabric.
You want this piece to be double the length of the board. The piece I have is 22 inches.
Then you want to thread a matching thread through the material. If you look closely as this picture, you can see the needle and white thread.
Next, pull the thread to create a ruffle effect. Depending on how you want the ruffle to look, pull tighter or loose to fit your style.
Attatch the ruffle to your cork board. I was short on time and low on patience:) So I push pinned each end of my ruffle to the board.
Now, with another piece of fabric and some fabric paint, go ahead and write what you like on this piece.
Now go ahead and push pin the second piece of fabric onto your ruffle, like wise:)
Depending on your needs, go ahead and add push pins for rings, hoops, bracelets or necklaces.
I have some studs so I purchased small baggies to hold them in (i got a whole pack at walmart for only a $1)
You are then able to mount the board on your wall and assemble your jewelry like below.
& voila! you should have a jewelry board like the one displayed above!

No comments:

Post a Comment