Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 1, 2012


Pig...In A...Cupcake?!


It has been some time since I last posted a blog.
I thought I would share an interesting item I experimented with.
For quite some time, my mom has been a Cupcake Wars freak! So freakish, in fact,
that she begged me to create a Bacon Cupcake!
At first thought, I was flabbergasted [lol] because I'm not a big fan of bacon [GASP!]
I know right?! Everyone I know, LOVES bacon! But, not I.
So the very thought of putting it into a scrumptious cupcake was, beyond yummy to me.
Well, what changed my mind?
I was bored [lol] I needed to experiment because I felt like I was going through withdrawals!
My oven broke and I was unable to bake for what seems like a century! Okay, okay, a week.
The weekend was long & full of makeup, hairdo & parties [conference weekend:)]
Sunday came & I was pooped! I planned to go out but instead raided my kitchen of things to experiment with, which brings me back to the pork. I came across some bacon and syrup and caramel, put on my thinking cap and went at it. It also worked out well because I had been creating some [from scratch] recipes lately as well, so I only saw it as a sign.
So, my mom won, I made the cupcake with both vanilla cake and triple chocolate.
I was able to caramelize the bacon bits to fold into my batter and also chocolatize the strips of bacon for the garnish. I was able to also whip up an amazing caramel creme that to me, made it superb!
The end product according to the consumers, was DELISH, I on the other hand, could do without the pig in my cake :) Just doesn't tickle my fancy, but it might tickle yours;)

No comments:

Post a Comment